Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Jun 18 11:31:25 EDT 2007

Diego Magni wrote:
> Hi List,
> I'm developing a mobile GIS based on Java MapScript which loads GML data
> and I'd like to use the GML 3.1 standard.
> But I've found that MapServer/OGR doesn't support it.
> Is it planned to add to the future MapServer 5.0 a GML 3.1 compliant
> functionality for GML data loading?

Diego,

While there is a general intention to eventually support GML 3 in OGR
there are no fixed plans for when that might happen.  I can't speak for
the GML generation in MapServer.

> Is the period of the end of July
> (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_0/)
> confirmed for the final release?

IMHO we will slip from that as a final MapServer 5.0 release date. I think
you can be confident MapServer 5.0 will be released by the end of August.