MS RFC 29: Dynamic Charting Capability

Wed Jun 20 00:21:28 EDT 2007

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> I have created MS RFC 29 that proposes the introduction of a simple
> (once again, I like simple ;-) Dynamic Charting Capability in MapServer
> 5.0:
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-29
>
> This is based on an already implemented and working patch from Thomas
> Bonfort that's been sitting in ticket 1800 for almost a year.
>
> As usual, awaiting your feedback.
>
> Daniel

This looks like a nice addition. I think there would be some value to
supporting variable substitution in CHART_SIZE = [size]

This would allow you to show the relative size of hits at a point and
have the chart show the percentage contributions in the wedges.

for example total cars sold at a dealer, %ford, %gm, %honda, %nissan

-Steve