Vote on RFC 31?

Wed Jun 20 11:44:40 EDT 2007

I took the liberty of doing a few minor edits to fix the Plone warnings
that the RFC page was producing, and I also marked the page as
published. I hope you don't mind.

About URLCONFIG, since it's a REGEX, should its value not be delimited
by /.../ to be consistent with use of REGEX in other places?

Also, can you confirm (and perhaps clarify in the rfc) that the
URLCONFIG pattern is applied only to the map_* variable name and not to
its value? If the filter is applied also to the value then the example
in the RFC (URLCONFIG 'scalebar') would not be enough to limit setting
only scalebar via URL since the following URL would also pass the test:

...map_layer=STATUS+ON+#scalebar

Actually, while trying to craft the example above I realized that I
didn't know how to specify which layer I wanted to alter. For instance,
if I want to update layer named "roads" is it enough to include the
"NAME roads" in the value or do I need to use "map_layer_roads" as the
URL variable name? An example showing how to do that in the RFC would help.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/