MS RFC 29: Dynamic Charting Capability

Wed Jun 20 14:18:19 EDT 2007

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> This looks like a nice addition. I think there would be some value to
> supporting variable substitution in CHART_SIZE = [size]
>
> This would allow you to show the relative size of hits at a point and
> have the chart show the percentage contributions in the wedges.
>
> for example total cars sold at a dealer, %ford, %gm, %honda, %nissan

Um... that would be a nice feature, but currently attribute binding is
for STYLE and LABEL only but not for PROCESSING directives, and I'm not
sure that we want to start adding attribute binding everywhere either.
I'd rather leave this one as a potential enhancement for a future
release unless this is considered critical.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/