MS RFC 29: Dynamic Charting Capability

Wed Jun 20 14:48:16 EDT 2007

Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:

>  It is not clear to me how the size value in the classes is interpreted:
> is it a percentage or a value dived by the SUM or other ? I guess It is
> different for pie and bar chart.  Would it be possible to clarify this
> point?

SIZE is used to set the relative size (value) of each pie slice or bar.
i.e. you can use any values and they will be scaled to produce the pie
or bars.

I have added a clarification about this in the RFC and an example:

"In the example above, if for a given shape we have v1006=1000,
v1007=600 and v1008=400 then the actual pie slices for each class will
be respectively 50%, 30% and 20% of the total pie size. If we produced
bar charts then the values would represent the relative height of the
bars with the largest value (highest bar) being 100% of the chart height."

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/