GetCapabilities tileindex hidden

Denis Nadeau denis.nadeau at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 28 17:33:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have done some work to hide tileindex layers from getcapabilities request.
Coding was very simple, thanks to msOWSLookupMetadata().

Right now, I have it setup using metadata "ows_services" for "wms" only.

** By default (without the "ows_services" metadata) all layers are
displayed.  **

Here is what I have so far:
WEB
   METADATA
        wms_title  "some title"
        ows_services "wms"   # displayed in GetCapability for WMS service
   END
END
LAYER
    NAME        'SURF RAIN INDEX'
     METADATA
                 "wms_title"    "3a12_V6 Monthly surfrain Index"
                 "ows_services"  "none"  # disable GetCapabilities
display for all services.
                                                         # overwrite WEB block.
     END
END

If you do not specify the "wms" in the metadata I disable the
GetCapability display for all services.
LAYER
     METADATA
                 "wms_title"    "3a12_V6 Monthly surfrain Index"
                 "ows_services"  ""  # disable GetCapabilities display
for all services
                                                 # overwrite WEB block.
     END
END

If you do no specify "ows_services"  layer is displayed.
     METADATA
                 "wms_title"    "3a12_V6 Monthly surfrain Index"
#displayed in GetCapabilities
     END

Your inputs are welcome.
Denis