MS RFC 22a: Feature cache for long running processes and query processing (update)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Jun 29 17:42:02 EDT 2007

Steve Lime wrote:
> Your script would still work since we would set shapeindex and tileindex so a call to getShape()
> would still work. It would just be inefficient.

Steve,

Ah!  Light goes on.

Well, we could still wedge the cache into the layer and then it would
just automatically work.  But I'm thinking I like your way better.  Nice
and simple and straightforward.

Would it make sense to have a function for getting the shape from
the result cache?  So that we could leave it null for some providers
(like shape or raster) and have this function call getShape when it isn't
in the result cache?