Use of static var in MapScript mapObj.nextLabel

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 30 18:18:26 EDT 2007

> As the "Ghost of Backward Compatability" I'd rather not get rid of
> getNextLabel() if it is in significant use without a very serious reason.
> We might however make an effort to deprecate it in favor of getLabel(int i).

Frank,

The next major release is the best option to get rid of the unwanted
parts of the interface.
Moreover the current nextLabel is quite unconventional and does not
allow the client to reset the iteration. I have no idea what is the
desired use this function then. When we build up a loop until the
returned value is null we might not get all of the results back. It's
definitely unfeasible. Though we are thinking of that support of
resetting the iteration, I guess it goes against the idea of the
deprecation.

Best regards,

Tamas