AGG support

Fri Mar 9 18:32:40 EST 2007

Use at your own peril, but you can certainly play with it. John Novak has done the bulk of the work to date
with new input coming from Assefa. It looks promising so many thanks for the excellent work to date.

I don't believe there are extensions to the Windows Makefile but I did commit configure support for *nix
yesterday. Works fine on my SuSE box. Just do a --with-agg=path to agg when running configure and
it should work. You need agg version 2.4 at this point. Agg doesn't have install scripts so I just left it
where I built it (e.g. /usr/local/src/agg-2.4). Configure will look for that type of setup or in the system libs.

To use simply plop a OUTPUTFORMAT in your mapfile like so:

 OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME		myAggRgb
    DRIVER	AGG/PNG
    IMAGEMODE	RGB
  END

RGB and RGBA are supported.

The AGG driver uses GD as the buffer manager, so basically AGG renders to a GD image so we can use GD
file writing and any of the other GD writing code. That allows us to concentrate on pieces of the rendering
while still creating complete images. At the moment I believe polygons and lines are rendered using AGG
while markers and text fallback on their GD counterparts.

Steve

<2576812186CDD411BF1500508B6DCE9511B30C88 at ecnwri1.ontario.int.ec.gc.ca>,