AGG support

Vincent Schut schut at SARVISION.NL
Mon Mar 12 07:01:37 EDT 2007

sorry if this appears twice, but resending because I did not see my
message appear in my mailbox in more than half an hour after sending...

Hi all,

Always eager to try new stuff, I decided to try the agg rendering. Not
surprisingly (no offense :-)) I get a serviceException from my mapserver
WMS service:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
"http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/exception_1_1_1.dtd">
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
<ServiceException code="InvalidFormat">
msWMSGetLegendGraphic(): Image handling error. Unsupported output format
(image/png).
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

This is of course using a WMS request that does work when I replace the
agg outputformat with my original GD one.
I have defined the outputformat in my map file as follows (the commented
lines are the original GD png outputformat which works, so you can
compare it with the AGG one):

#     OUTPUTFORMAT
#         NAME png_rgba
#         DRIVER "GD/PNG"
#         MIMETYPE "image/png"
#         IMAGEMODE rgba
#         TRANSPARENT on
#         EXTENSION "png"
#         #FORMATOPTION interlace=on
#     END #outputformat

    OUTPUTFORMAT
        NAME    png_rgba
        DRIVER    "AGG/PNG"
        IMAGEMODE    RGBA
        TRANSPARENT on
        EXTENSION "png"
        MIMETYPE "image/png"
    END

As I said, I am using mapserver cgi as WMS.

Any clues how to get the new outputformat recognized by mapserver WMS?

Vincent.