COLORITEM & kin

Attila Csipa plists at PROMETHEUS.ORG.YU
Thu May 10 10:19:07 EDT 2007

Is there interest (as in would you support) development of a COLORITEM (and
related BACKGROUNDCOLOR, etc items) functionality ? This would work as
LABELITEM and similar attribute related tags. The rationale behind this is
that I have maps with too many colours to squeeze them into separate classes,
and worse yet, these should (dis)appear dynamically. Or perhaps there is
another way of doing this ? I have looked into STYLEITEM and some fancy
includes, but they are still not good enough due to the number and dynamic of
colours used.