Purging code for 5.0?
Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Tue May 29 13:58:27 EDT 2007
> Hi all: Wondering if it might make sense to evaluate the
> usefulness of some sections of code moving forward. I'm
> thinking of 2 items in particular:
> - any non-GDAL raster code with the exception of the EPPL7
> code (still in use in MN so would like to keep that)
> - the MyGIS support, which was written before the MySQL
> spatial objects were added, no idea how widespread its use is
I wonder whether an email to mapserver-users would give us a better idea
> Other areas? Thoughts?
(apologies for the potentially native questions below)
- what is the fonts/ dir? Maybe move that into an etc/ type directory?
- what is gdft/, exactly?
- mapfile.dtd seems circa 2002; do we still need this?
- (naive question): mappostgis.c / mappostgresql.c; could OGR provide
the same functionality for MapServer to leverage?
- mapprojhack.c: can this code be moved into mapproj.c or does it needs
its own file? If the latter, maybe mapprojutil.c or something?
- what is mapserver.def, exactly?
- md5c.c and md5.h: are these used at all?
- what is the symbols/ dir? Maybe move that into an etc/ type
- what are testcopy.c and testexpr.c exactly? Maybe they can be moved
into a tests/ type directory?
- tile4ms.c sortshp.c scalebar.c shptreetst.c shptreevis.c shptree.c
legend.c shp2pdf.c shp2img.c: maybe we could move
these into a util/ type directory?
- rfc/: do we need this dir? Or just a link to
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ in README?
- tests/: how does this relate to the msautotest suite? Could this be
rolled into msautotest somehow?
More information about the mapserver-dev