MS-RFC-35 - Solving the WMS STYLES parameter issue

Wed Nov 14 14:20:05 EST 2007

Daniel,

I'm +0 on this, either way you go. I'm not that familiar with this
problem and from what I have read either seems fine. I would lean more
toward a keep it simple approach ie to make STYLES= optional because it
seems that that is the direction the spec is going anyway. Also, I think
that one of the things that makes mapserver so strong in the community
is the fact that it is "permissive"? as in works well (can be made to
work well) with most clients and servers. However we can support and
strengthen this point, I think would be great.

-Steve