Call for comments -RFC 39

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Nov 15 12:17:02 EST 2007

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi Assefa,
>
> so the CLASSGROUP would act as the default style if there are classes
> within the same LAYER with different GROUPs defined? Maybe mention
> this explicitly in the proposal.

  Yes. I will explicitly add this.

> Also, styles can have a title and an abstract next to a name. How
> would one set this? Using METADATA like "wms_style_myclassgroup_title"
> etc.?

  I realize that but wanted to use for now the style name as the title.
Using a metadata is a good idea I think

> Basically I feel the need for a higher object, something like THEME or
> CLASSIFICATION which groups together a set of classes. This would also
> make it easier to re-use blocks of classes between several layers
> without having to copy/paste them. But I can understand if this is
> outside of the scope of this RFC :-)

  I agree with this, I think this is what Steve raised too and I hope I
mostly answered to this in that e-mail.

Thnaks

> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> On Nov 15, 2007 3:50 PM, Yewondwossen Assefa <yassefa at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   I have put together an RFC outlining changes that could be done to be
>> able to support Named styles in WMS/SLD. I would appreciate your
>> comments on it:
>>
>>    http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-39
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --