pre rfc draft on rendering

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 21 07:07:49 EST 2007

hi all,

>>  - with brushed lines, I'm that brushed-based (as opposed to
marker-based) lines could be done away with.

another corrolary question we might like to address is if we want to
keep the ANTIALIAS keyword and processing with the gd renderer. In my
opinion it could go away, as it would greatly simplify the
implementation of the gd rendering backend, and produces rather low
quality results.

for those of you knowledgeable of vtable internals, I'd appreciate it
if you could have a look and comment on the paragraph I added at
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/UnifyingTheRenderingInterfaces#ProposedVTableApproach
.

one last question: are any of you reluctant or against going this way?
This does imply some rather substantial changes, so there is a rather
certain risk of instabilities / bugs inherent to these.

thomas