MapGuide fork of AGG

Dirk Tilger dirk at MIRIUP.DE
Tue Oct 30 12:55:40 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 11:15:10AM -0400, Doyon, Jean-Francois wrote:
> PostgreSQL is released under a BSD license ... So you'd be safe, because
> the binary components that you'd include with MapServer (as in MS4W for
> example) would only inculde PostgreSQL stuff, and nothing PostGIS
> specific.  PostGIS lives on the server only (AFAIK?).

I believe the bigger part of PostGIS lives in client space. At least for
PostGIS 1.1 the big amount of spatial computations was handled in the
client. I'm not an expert here, but looked to me like everything that
goes beyond the pure idea of a database (storing and using indexes to
retrieve) was handled in the client.

Dirk.