agg changes again...

Tue Sep 4 10:32:42 EDT 2007

thomas bonfort wrote:

> I see two paths from this:
> 1/ I commit this for 5.0. we get a bit faster rendering especialy for
> maps with lots of layers, but this warrants at least another beta
>
> 2/ we wait with the current solution and incorporate these changes in 5.2

I understand the performance concerns and am very happy to see that
Thomas is working on those issues, but I think it's too late for this
kind of changes in 5.0 if we want tomorrow's RC to be the right one. If
we don't put an end to the changes we'll still be making more betas and
RCs in December.

So my release manager vote goes to #2: make those changes in 5.2 only.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/