Mapserver trunk broken

Wed Sep 12 09:01:06 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> It is my humble opinion that we should remove this rule from the Makefile:
>
> maplexer.c: maplexer.l
>     $(LEX) --nounistd -Pmsyy -i -omaplexer.c maplexer.l
>
> And instead just make a virtual target.  Something like:
>
> lexer:
>     $(LEX) --nounistd -Pmsyy -i -omaplexer.c maplexer.l
>
> This will mean those changing the lexer need to actually manually do
> "make lexer" but it avoids the problem we are seeing.  In particular I
> hate the current situation which can easily bugger up my automated builds.

I could live with this, but I wonder if there is a better fix. Note that
we'd need the same for mapparser.c

Also, this would have to wait until 5.2. I'd suggest you file a 5.2
ticket. There should not be any more lexer changes in 5.0 anyway so your
builds shouldn't be broken again for this release.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/