Mapserver trunk broken

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Sep 12 10:55:46 EDT 2007

Sean Gillies wrote:
> Daniel Morissette wrote:
>> Frank wrote:
>> I could live with this, but I wonder if there is a better fix. Note
>> that we'd need the same for mapparser.c
>>
>> Also, this would have to wait until 5.2. I'd suggest you file a 5.2
>> ticket. There should not be any more lexer changes in 5.0 anyway so
>> your builds shouldn't be broken again for this release.

Daniel,

I agree 5.2 is fine.

> Add "rm maplexer.c" to the "clean" target?

I believe the main reason we have maplexer.c and mapparser.c in subversion is
because (at least one of them) requires a very very specific version of the
utility (flex or bison) to produce them properly, and because some people
don't even have the utilities at all (typical on windows for instance).

What we want to avoid is people regenerating these files locally if we can.
Instead we want them to use the "blessed" versions produced by Steve with the
right utilities.  So removing them in clean would be bad bad karma.