Today is release day

Mon Sep 17 14:31:41 EDT 2007

Whohoo! I did a bit of research and found that the last "major" release of MapServer was version
4.0 in July 2003 so this is a long time in coming. I wouldn't call most of the 4.x releases minor but this
is a significant event and I'd really like to thank everyone that worked so hard to make it happen:

  - developers and project steering committee
  - the folks working on documentation
  -  those maintaining infrastructure at OSGeo, UMN and elsewhere
  -  QA/QC folks
  - oraganizations that funded 5.0 development work

You should all be proud. A special word of thanks to Dan for once again guiding us through the release
process- it's a big time commitment.

Again, thanks to everyone for making 5.0 happen.

Steve