Press release...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Sep 17 16:16:40 EDT 2007

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: I have created a draft release on the OSGeo website. Please let me know what you think. Once finalized, I can start it
> through the vis committee and board sign-off process. Here's a link to the draft:
>
>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Press_Release_MapServer_5.0

Steve,

I like Tom's idea about improved OGC support as well.  With that I think
the press release would be good to go though it is traditional to have a
couple vapid quotes from quotable bigwigs in press releases.  If you wanted
to pursue that angle, I think one from you and one from some user organization
representative would be good. But I don't think it is critical.