[mapserver-dev] Motion: Adopt RFC 41: Support of WCS 1.1.x Protocol

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Apr 16 08:44:20 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Currently the code in msLoadProjectionString() assumes that codes
> in the 4000 to 5000 range will need this +epsgaxis keyword.  This
> logic may need to be more sophisticated in the future if GCSes
> are added outside that range or if a mixture of axes end up being
> used.  It might even have to start looking stuff up in the EPSG
> dataset itself.

Is this a safe assumption? You know the EPSG database better than any of
us, so if you tell us that it is safe then I'm fine with this solution.
We should probably document this assumption in the relevant docs (WCS
HOWTO and eventually WMS HOWTO) so that users have a hint of what is
going wrong if they use GCSes outside that range.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/