[mapserver-dev] Java MapScript DLL Name on Windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 24 23:26:05 EDT 2008

Folks,

Who is the Java MapScript maintainer?  Umberto?

I'm trying to build a Java MapScript package for OSGeo4W, and I am concerned
about calling the support DLL "mapscript.dll" since this seems likely to
conflict with support DLLs for other languages (Python? C#? Perl?)

I tried modifying javamodule.i to have:

%pragma(java) jniclasscode=%{
     static {
         String  library = System.getProperty("mapserver.library.name", "mapscri\
pt_java");

         System.loadLibrary(library);
         /* TODO Throw when return value not MS_SUCCESS? */
         edu.umn.gis.mapscript.mapscript.msSetup();
     }
%}

While this builds, when I go to run Java code I still get:

C:\build\mapserver-buildkit\mapserver-5.0.2\mapscript\java\release\apps\mapserve
r\java>java -classpath ..\..\..\lib\mapscript.jar;. ShapeInfo
n:\data\esri\shape\eg_data\polygon.shp n:\data\esri\shape\eg_data\polygon.dbf
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no mapscript in java.library.path

C:\build\mapserver-buildkit\mapserver-5.0.2\mapscript\java\release\apps\mapserve
r\java>

Note that this does not refer to mapscript_java.dll or mapscript_java?

Any thoughts?  Do any of the other bindings produce mapscript.dll that
could conflict with the Java one?