[mapserver-dev] Java MapScript DLL Name on Windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 25 16:46:59 EDT 2008

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Frank,
>
> It seems most of the java examples are trying to load the
> mapscript.dll explicitly, so you have to remove these code fragmens
> from the examples, since the dll is already loaded by a common code.
>
> try
> 	{
> 	  System.loadLibrary("mapscript");
> 	}
> 	catch(UnsatisfiedLinkError ule)
> 	{
> 	  System.err.println(ule);
> 	  System.exit(-1);
> 	}

Tamas,

I will remove the above code segments from the examples.  It serves
no purpose, right?  I'll remove these from the examples in trunk.

> And you'd have to do the renaming in the linux builds in parallel so
> as not to break the things too much.

I'll go ahead and do this for windows and unix in trunk.  We can back
it out if anyone complains.

> I'll take care of the C# part in this regard, but I'll have to use a
> different naming convention since mapscript_wrap.dll already reserved
> as the C# assembly name. Maybe the module name should also have to be
> modified like "csmapscript" would be sufficient for this purpose. This
> would result in the following library file names on different
> platforms:
>
> csmapscript.dll  - Windows
> libcsmapscript.so - Linux
> libcsmapscript.dylib - OSX

I'll leave this in your hands.  I trust this won't impact how C#
code actually loads and uses mapscript, right?