[mapserver-dev] unable to read TIF with mapserver 5.3dev

Guillaume Sueur guillaume.sueur at neogeo-online.net
Thu Aug 21 07:29:23 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I'm facing an abnormal behaviour with MapServer 5.3dev. It's unable to
read a TIF file, althought is has been compiled with TIF support :
MapServer version 5.3-dev OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT=TIFF
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

a shp2img on a mapfile containing a raster layer sends back
msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image
format <br>
drawEPP(): Image handling error. /home/guillaume/3_DATA/342421111.tif is
not an EPPL file. <br>

which AFAIK means none of the drivers was able to open the file.
If I run "file /home/guillaume/3_DATA/342421111.tif" I have back :
TIFF image data, little-endian

What can happen here ?

Thanks,

Guillaume