[mapserver-dev] Documentation Meeting

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 11:23:02 EST 2008

All,

I would like to have an IRC meeting next Tuesday at 9:00 AM US Central
Standard Time <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=12&day=9&year=2008&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=76
 > to discuss the ongoing MapServer documentation effort.

Here's a version of the new site:
http://mapserver.maptools.org/

Here's a 600 page PDF (~2.8 mb) containing all of our docs that have
been migrated so far :)
http://mapserver.maptools.org/MapServer.pdf

Here's the agenda for the meeting:

- Do we need a "homepage", or is the current landing page sufficient
if we add some introductory stuff?
- Do we manage the community section of the website in Trac or
Subversion?
- I have significantly changed the organization of the documentation.
Are we ok with it?
- What do we do about our gallery (I solicited discussion in another
thread but didn't hear anything)?
- How should we deal with transitioning to http://
mapserver.osgeo.org?  301 the root of mapserver.gis.umn.edu and be
done with it?  Attempt to redirect every page we can?  Redirect major
sections?  Where to people typically land when they go to the Plone
site?
- When do we transition?  I would like to be moved by Dec 31.
- Anything else others would like to add.

Howard