[mapserver-dev] OpenGL Proposal

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Dec 16 09:58:38 EST 2008

Hi all: Seems like folks are cool with moving forward with that contribution. So I'd like to propose
the following:

  - We formally discuss and vote on the OpenGL RFC. It needs to placed either on the website or
in SVN (which is preferred?). To date the discussion has focused on the merits of OpenGL more
than the RFC contents. I can help get it posted.

  - Add Toby Rahilly and Jonathan Bourke as committers pending their acceptance of the committer
guidelines (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-7.1/) with the understanding
that their scope of influence is limited to the graphics branch proposed below for the moment.

  - Create a "graphics" branch were the renderer plug-in work Thomas has been pursuing and the
OpenGL implementation can be implemented. Thomas can do this I think.