[mapserver-dev] Re: [mapserver-users] produce hardcopy maps

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Dec 19 15:57:43 EST 2008

Daniel,

  Yes, I've compiled the preliminary Haru-enabled code attached to the trac ticket.  It's encouraging to have an alternative to PDFlib (there's too much that PDFlib-lite will never be able to do: layers, tags, etc), and while I think that Haru is still pretty green (it won't do OpenType fonts, layers, or tags for example), it is a better long-term answer for our PDF production (hey, it's Open Source!).  I've asked Assefa for his latest mappdf.c and Haru.lib with changes to support Haru on Windows (mine produced an invalid PDF), but I have not received it yet...

  Apart from few minor styling-related bug fixes in the PDFlib flavor of mappdf.c, my main effort will be to add FORMATOPTIONs for proper scaling and layout in the PDF output so most of it should be valid for PDFlib or Haru.  I'll reserve some of the major enhancements (like embedded 24-bit raster images) for the Haru flavor.

Thanks!
Brent