[mapserver-dev] RFC 50: OpenGL Rendering Support

Toby Rahilly toby.rahilly at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 17:57:22 EST 2008

Hi Steve,

Yes thats right, as the OpenGL renderer still uses the GD library for
output, we support the post-processing as AGG does.

OpenGL supports rendering to a user-defined pallete, so it could end
up being quite a bit faster as there would be no conversion necessary.
I would need to look into it though.

Cheers,
Toby