Updating the MapServer README...

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 1 17:50:43 EST 2008

2008/2/1, Steve Lime <Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us>:
> Adding that standardized header is on my immediate "todo" list. Frank provided instructions
> last week (or so)... Most files do have that standard header already if you're wondering what
> it looks like.

Hmmm... I can find quite some variations out there. Here are some examples:

version 1:

/******************************************************************************
 *
 * Project:  MapServer
 * Purpose:  Various template processing functions.
 * Author:   Steve Lime and the MapServer team.
 *
 * Copyright (c) 1996-2005 Regents of the University of Minnesota.
 *
 * Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
 * copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"),
 * to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
 * the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
 * and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
 * Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
 *
 * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
 * all copies of this Software or works derived from this Software.
 *
 * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS
 * OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
 * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
 * THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
 * LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
 * FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
 * DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
 ****************************************************************************/

version 2:

/******************************************************************************
* $Id: tile4ms.c 6373 2007-07-24 02:37:18Z dmorissette $
*
* tile4ms.mc
*
* Version 1.0
* Author Herbie Freytag hfreytag at dlwc.nsw.gov.au
*
* Create shapefile of rectangles from extents of several shapefiles (=tiles)
* Create DBF with file names for shape tiles, in column LOCATION as required
* by mapserv.
* For use with Mapserv tiling capability.
* Issues: resulting shape files do not display in ArcView.
*
[...]
* This is a modified version of Herbie's program that works with MapServer's
* shapelib and should be using the MapServer makefile.
*
*/

version 3:

/******************************************************************************
 * $Id: pymodule.i 7205 2007-12-22 09:13:59Z unicoletti $
 *
 * Project:  MapServer
 * Purpose:  Python-specific enhancements to MapScript
 * Author:   Sean Gillies, sgillies at frii.com
 *
 *
 * Python-specific mapscript code has been moved into this
 * SWIG interface file to improve the readibility of the main
 * interface file.  The main mapscript.i file includes this
 * file when SWIGPYTHON is defined (via 'swig -python ...').
 *

Best regards,

Tamas