feedback on possible mapserver enhancements

Tue Feb 5 14:24:13 EST 2008

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Steve Lime wrote:
>> Good suggestions Arnulf. I too think a WFS-T-lite makes good sense.
>
> Without having done much research, I like that idea as well.
>
> Daniel

I would like to add my +1 to having some type of WFS-T support within
mapserver.

My basic use-case would be something like using OpenLayers with
mapserver serving images, and want to be able to support simple point,
line, polygon, box, circle like objects that can be displayed, created,
edited using OpenLayers vector support, and saved these back to a
postgis database? without the need to install and manage any additional
major applications, like geoserver, featureserver, etc.

my $0.02,
   -Steve W