feedback on possible mapserver enhancements

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at METACARTA.COM
Tue Feb 5 14:58:01 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 01:46:57PM -0600, Howard Butler wrote:
> I'll gladly eat crow and wait to be proven wrong when MapServer comes
> out with a bulletproof and complete WFS-T implementation that
> interoperates with everybody and shines as *the* reference
> implementation of such a thing.  GeoServer has *years* of development
> invested in WFS-T.  Are we prepared to do the same?

 + many more than 1

(Also, note that FeatureServer is unlikely to ever implement WFS-T, for
exactly this reason: If you want WFS-T, use GeoServer, damnit.)

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta