[mapserver-dev] Mailing List Migration

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 8 15:50:04 EST 2008

Folks,

Howard, Perry and I have migrated the MapServer mailing lists from
lists.umn.edu to lists.osgeo.org this afternoon.   Because we were moving
from one sort of list management software to another the transfer was not
perfect.  In particular, user subscription options like requesting digests
or no mail at all will have been lost.  As well, new passwords will presumably
have been generated for each subscriber.

You can visit the mailing lists at:

You can enter your email address near the bottom next to the "Unsubscribe
or edit options" button to alter your settings.

Please update your address book with the new list addresses.  Soon email to the
old list addresses will start bouncing.

   mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
   mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org

The good news is that our archives will no longer be hidden behind a login
which means they should start turning up in Google.  Also we merged in the
older archives from before the move to lists.umn.edu.

If any serious problems are encountered, please contact me, but keep in mind
there are nearly 2500 addresses subscribed to mapserver-users alone, so I
don't want to receive 1000 "how do I change my options" questions!