[mapserver-dev] MapScript multithreading performance

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 06:20:52 EST 2008

Adrian,

You should also inspect how the Priviledged time relates to the User
Time in case of the high number of the threads using the system
monitor tool. I'm not sure whether the time of the thread switch
overhead is correctly displayed in the task manager.

As far as I know that the default thread pool size of an ASP.NET
application is set to 25 that might avoid the overhead of the switches
when the number of the processors is not too large.

Best regards,

Tamas