Antwort: Re: [mapserver-dev] Point layers with Oracle driver

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Feb 14 09:31:29 EST 2008

Fernando Simon wrote:
> Hi Benedikt,
>     Yes, this is a good workaround. For MapServer, if the sql/query
> returns a MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY the driver can read and draw it.
>     Maybe we need to test performance, but I believe that this
> workaround don't degrade the performance.
>     Best regards.

Thanks Benedikt for the suggestion, we'll give it a try.

Fernando, would you consider adding support for reading the
SDO_ORDINATES value when SDO_POINT is null since that seems to be a
valid case according to this page?
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14255/sdo_objrelschema.htm#CBBIGEFH

I can create a ticket for that if you want...

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/