5.0.1 release next week?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 7 11:19:04 EST 2008

2008/1/7, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>:

> Also, at first sight the additions seem to provide functionality already
> available via the zoomscale() method, so they are redundant.

Currently zoomscale has a combined functionality and also repositions
the map using image coordinates. I expect we should in addition have
pure functions for changing the scale  (within a given scale domain)
and support recentering to a specific map position.

BTW zoomscale: Currently there's a separate implementation in the PHP
and the SWIG API. Shouldn't we instead create a generic implementation
at the mapserver core?

Best regards,

Tamas