[mapserver-dev] MapServer Incubation Status

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jul 9 01:56:29 EDT 2008

Oh so close... Just need to finish the last few pieces of the provenance review. I've updated the
incubation status page:

  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MapServer_incubation_status

and spent a couple of hours going through the provenance spreadsheet I started (via Google):

  http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3ovxbvq1mBuBRaJiIT14eA&gid=1

Very few things are left to document and no major IP issues have surfaced. Supporting files for
PHP/MapScript and language-specific SWIG modules still need to be tracked but that's shouldn't
cause issues, just more busy work. I don't know that it's worth review of things like msautotest,
demos or test suites.

Devs, PLEASE take a look through the spreadsheet and update your stuff (let me know if you need
access).

Biggest obstacle to graduation is that the MapServer license is not OSI certified. I don't think that
can be changed with the UMN as a primary copyright holder and I have no interest in trying to get
them to assign copyright.