[mapserver-dev] Bug #1719 - Please reassess the WONTFIX status

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jul 10 09:18:39 EDT 2008

File a ticket bug for the flexible buffer idea. I'd rather do that and reference #1719
as a possible benefit then reopen the other one.

Steve

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Steve,
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/1719
>
> This bug was close as won't fix, but it has come up in the last couple
> days on the OpenLayers list and with two separate clients of mine. It
> seems that this bug is more invasive give the fact that more people are
> using tiling strategies.
>
> Seems to me that it could be fixable with a buffer around the image when
> rendering that is not saved when writing the image. Just a thought.

More info ...

Looking the mapserver archives I see this bug posted as the fix for
messages in:

2008 feb
2007 jan
2006 apr
2006 mar

plus 3 in jul 2008 that I mentioned above. So not an epidemic, but maybe
enough to warrant a review. I'm OK with the current status, but clearly
it would be nice to have it fixed.

-Steve W.