[mapserver-dev] help! strange preserving invalid query in mapobject

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 11:22:23 EDT 2008

2008/6/7 BrainDrain <paulborodaev at gmail.com>:
> is there any difference between setFilter("") & setFilter(null)?

There`s no difference.

> and is it really necesary to reset  filteritem to null?

It depends on the parameters passed to queryByAttributes. You`ve used
"" as the qitem parameter so there`s no need to reset in this case.

>>>you should raise an error
> to do so I should parse sql expression!? (it could be complex)...

Yes it could be.

>>>you should call mapObj.clone()
> or save and read map file once again? (if I have separate mapping web
> services outside main application, which could not use context - session
> state object, because they have their own ones)

It may be problematic to persist the client state as separate mapfiles
at the server. However it`s up to the designer of the application
which approach would be the most appropriate in a particular case. If
you have only a limited set of parameters changeable, then you could
pass these values on each request and update the parameters after

Tamas