[mapserver-dev] Support for the MapInfo style zoom layering option.

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 11:34:22 EDT 2008

Steve,

> So how is a current ZOOM value computed?

I would only rely on the width of the map extent. The specified values
would be compared to the actual width in map coordinates.

> How would this impact symbol and font scaling?

It wouldn`t impact the current scale calculation. It would only affect
the decision whether a layer, class or symbol should be drawn at the
given extent or not. So in general we should only change those parts
of the code where maxscaledenom and minscaledenom do play a role.

Best regards,

Tamas