[mapserver-dev] Support for the MapInfo style zoom layering option.

David Fuhry dfuhry at acm.org
Mon Jun 23 17:56:06 EDT 2008

Steve,

    I too like the REQUIRES approach for its consistency and power.  All
of the {MIN,MAX}SCALE[DENOM], (and proposed) DISPLAY{MIN,MAX} parameters
could be rolled into it, and those parameters deprecated.  Even STATUS
could be handled by the same logic.

    I wonder if there's a convenient and sensible way for expression
values to exist in a more organized hierarchy.  Something like the RFC
31 syntax to load mapserver objects from strings (but in reverse) would
allow powerful (and perhaps wacky) expressions like:

REQUIRES "map.layer[lakes] AND map.imagetype = 'PNG' OR map.width > 1000"
# map.width could be an alias of map.size[0]

-Dave