[mapserver-dev] MapServer 5.4 Plans

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jun 26 23:12:16 EDT 2008

Hi all: I know 5.2 isn't out the door but I wanted to get folks thinking about timing for 5.4. The FOSS4G meeting always provides a nice backdrop for releases. Perhaps 3 months is too soon. What do dev's have on the back burner for the next release? Things I'm keen on or are aware of include:

  - rendering terminology and object membership changes (e.g.  symbolObj->pattern also available in a styleObj) -- an RFC is on the way
  - rendering/labeling enhancements Thomas has proposed
  - MapInfo-style zooms (Tamas)
  - base GML writer support for GML3 and inclusion as an output format
  - WFS recognizing templated output formats
  - native KML output driver
  - native GeoJSON output driver
  - one-pass query support

I'm sure folks have others. Let's try and get a laundry list together and see if early Oct (even starting the beta process by then may be enough) is feasible. Thanks!