[mapserver-dev] PHP MapScript - construct mapObj from text string instead of file

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jun 30 00:35:32 EDT 2008

Hello list,

I was playing with beta3 last night, and noticed this RFE:

It just so happens that this is exactly what I need at the moment for a
project I'm working on, where I'm saving user-customized mapfiles as
text in a database.  Right now, in order to save/restore a map object, I
have to read/write to temporary text files.  I've already written a bit
of code that does this for me, but it would be simpler and probably more
efficient to read/write the text strings directly.  Is there anything
being done with this?  If so, would there be an svn branch or some
documentation about how to do this?  If not, that's fine, and I hope
nobody minds me asking.

Regards,
Mike