[mapserver-dev] Cache-control in WMS Requests

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Mar 18 14:50:37 EDT 2008

Right, that's for Capabilities files, which I'm not touching. I'm just
mucking with GetMap right now, since that's the only API tiled clients
seem to be hitting mapserver with at the moment.

My tests on Safari and Firefox show that the HTTP header really does
make a difference, the browsers hold on to their tiles, so you can
zoom in and out without re-hitting the server for maps you have
already requested.

I'll see if I can figure out how to do the HTTP 1.0 "Expires" header
and then submit a patch.

P.