[mapserver-dev] Feedback required: plans for Downloadable Users Manual

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Mar 27 11:40:29 EDT 2008

Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> I would prefer one version of the document though (it's going to be
>> quite large anyway).
>>

> Daniel are right - as I am creating the Appendix now I see your point,
> it would become very large.  So i like your 'lite' and 'full' versions
> recommendation.

Jeff,

An alternative to maintaining two overlapping documents, you could just
split the document into two files 1) the main body and 2) all the
Appendices. If these are also large files is might make managing the
downloads a little easy for some users on slower connections.

The downside of this is that the body might not be able to have hot
links to the Appendices, but then I'm not sure what you can and can't do
vis a vis PDF documents.

-Steve W