[mapserver-dev] Call for vote on RFC 42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding

Pericles S. Nacionales naci0002 at umn.edu
Fri Mar 28 15:49:23 EDT 2008

Julien-Samuel Lacroix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I added an Implementation Issues section in the RFC that mention the
> encoding and the bad use of the metatdata.
>
> I would like to call for a vote on RFC-42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-42/
>
> I'll start with +1 (note that I'm not part of the PSC and that vote
> doesn't really count)
I vote +0 on this.  I realize it can be very important for OWS
implementers but I'm not sure if we have fully assessed the potential
security issues here or any other options to implement cookie
forwarding.  I guess what I'm saying is that I don't know enough to have
an opinion one way or other.

-Perry