[mapserver-dev] Version 5.2 code freeze...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon May 5 14:21:45 EDT 2008

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: I suspect that there's still a ton of work going on that is planned
> for 5.2, and there tons of tickets still tied to that release. I'm thinking
> a deadline might get folks moving. So, I'd like to propose a code freeze on
> May 30th for 5.2. With a couple of betas and a couple of release candidates
> that would put the release date near July 1st. That gives us time for at
> least one point release before the OSGeo mtg. and the plans for 5.4 should
> be well under way. What do folks think?

Steve,

With a bit of prodding from Jason Birch, I have updated the MapServer web
site main page to refer to the project as being part of OSGeo.   In
particular my changes were to paragraphs three and four at:

   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu

It would be nice to get an OSGeo logo, and link on that page, but I don't
know how to accomplish that.  "OSGeo Branding" is one of the incubation
expectations.