[mapserver-dev] Call for vote on RFC 40

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Tue May 6 13:42:43 EDT 2008

>  It looks like a great step forward, but I don't understand the area
>  well enough to judge if how appropriate the technical solution is.

Frank,
In essence the rfc proposes to take a string of text, replace some
characters with newlines, and add some space characters to simulate
line centering, nothing more.
I'd say the solution isn't appropriate for precise text alignment and
justification, but I feel that the current labeling scheme with the
WRAP character doesn't suit people's needs as it usually (ie without
data preprocessing) splits a phrase and renders it one word per line
and aligned to the right. I see this as a temporary
"better-than-before" solution, and that over time the same keywords
can be used to produce the same effect but in a precise manner.

regards,
thomas