[mapserver-dev] More Performance

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon May 12 15:59:55 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 12:32 PM, thomas bonfort
<thomas.bonfort at gmail.com> wrote:
> From the graph it seems like gd's font rendering/cache is a good
> culprit. Paul, is it easy for you to try the same thing with the agg
> backend

Since voodoo magic occurred and AGG just now compiled for me against
the MacPorts AGG, I can now report that: no, it doesn't make a
difference. The pain is occurring below AGG and GD, in the same place,
FT_New_Face, and of course AGG makes things slower in all kinds of
other ways, from having a 32-bit output to compress to spending more
time on the graphics drawing itself.

This is the latest 'svn update', so I can also report that danmo's
move of the curl init has had the desired effect.

P.