[mapserver-dev] Non-english versions of documentation (resent with proper subject)

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue May 20 13:36:19 EDT 2008

Hi all: I've gotten a couple of notes from users that want to volunteer on the project and almost always it involves offers to port documentation to other languages (most often Spanish). How should we handle those requests? The plone site seems to be a short term solution anymore. Now that the docs have been pulled into svn perhaps that's the place to do this work even though the ultimate outlet isn't known yet. We could use country codes and create subdirectories in each main directory (currently /docs/howto and /docs/references/*). So the Spanish version of the vector_data reference would be in /docs/references/vector_data/ES/...

Thoughts? Anyone interested in coordinating this work?